Football news

Former Uruguayan football star Diego Forlan will debut in pro tennis at the age of 45

[ad_1]

punjabkesari.in Thursday, Oct 24, 2024 – 04:20 PM (IST)

Montevideo (Uruguay): Former Uruguay striker Diego Forlan will make his professional tennis debut next month by playing in the doubles match of the ATP Challenger tournament. Tournament organizers confirmed that Forlan, 45, will play Argentina’s Federico Coria at the clay-court Uruguay Open. This tournament will start from 11th November.

Forlan retired from football in 2019. Apart from the national team, Forlan has played for Manchester United, Atlético Madrid, Internazionale and Peñarol. He helped Uruguay reach the semi-finals of the 2010 World Cup and win the Copa America title in 2011. Forlan has been playing the ITF Masters tournament since last year.

He said his father, Pablo Forlán, also played tennis after his football career ended. This former Uruguayan striker said, ‘My father started playing at the age of 41. That’s why I’ve been playing (tennis) since the age of two.

most read


READ ALSO  "Ruud van Nistelrooy will never make such comments and that's why we love him more than Ruben Amorim": Manchester United’s winger Amad Diallo has revealed why they will always prefer Ruud van Nistelrooy over Ruben Amorim
-->





[ad_2]

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
error: Content is protected !!

Adblock Detected

Disabled to continue